Saturday, March 15, 2008

Meme: Passion Quilt


This week I was tagged by Wendy Smith for the Passion Quilt Meme. I've chosen to use a photo of Annabelle when she first encountered "the tunnel." You can see from her expression that she is interested in this new adventure yet a bit hesitant to take the first step (or the first crawl, as it were). But as soon as she got up the nerve to give the tunnel a chance, she was hooked!

One of the most exciting things for me as a new mom is the same thing I love about being a teacher: seeing the world through a child's eyes. For children, everything is new and interesting. Even the smallest achievement is a cause for celebration. And even when something looks a bit scary at first, children are willing to take a risk. Tasting a new finger food, writing their first AND last name, riding a bike without training wheels, using a touch pad instead of a mouse. Our brave children give it a try; it works or it doesn't, they love it or they don't...but they give it their best shot.


As a teacher and mom who is passionate about lifelong learning, I challenge myself to be brave and dare to try something new...in the classroom, at home, in the world. Maybe it will work, or maybe it won't...maybe I will love it, and maybe I won't, but at least I will give it my best shot. Take it from our children: take a risk!


Directions: Find or create an image that captures what you are most passionate for kids to learn about.

  • Post a picture from a source like Flickr Creative Commons or make/take your own that captures what YOU are most passionate about for kids to learn…and give your picture a short title.
  • Title your blog post “Meme: Passion Quilt” and link back to this blog entry.
  • Include links to 5 folks in your professional learning network or whom you follow on Twitter/Pownce.

Here are the lucky people I’m tagging:

Sadly, the only other educators I know who have blogs have already been tagged! If there is anyone I'm not thinking of who would like me to tag you, let me know! :-)

3 comments:

Ellen Monroe said...

This is a great idea! If I had a blog I would easily suggest me, but since I don't....well sorry!
:( What a wonderful picture!

cosmo said...

Mrs. sero, I just want to say that I am so glad that I gave you a chance...When I found out Myles had you, you were new to the district and I was back-and-forth about switching him to Mrs. Searing, simply because I knew people that have had her before & she is a good teacher. Myles is so sweet, but a little high-strung. I was so afraid he would get a teacher that would make him hate school right from the start.
Well, I decided not to switch and Myles loved you, Allister loves you now and I can only hope that Caden is assigned to you. You are a great teacher, a fantastic Mom and I love that I can see what my kids are up to at school since I already feel guilty and stretched for time as a busy, working Mom. I just want to thank you and let you know I appreciate it and I love your ideas!

katigram said...

Can't help myself, as Mrs. Sero's mom I just have to say how much I enjoy seeing all the slide shows of everyone's children and checking into the blog to see the new fun they are up to each week. When I saw this latest post from "cosmo" I was so touched to see how much the parents of all these bright children appreciate my terrific daughter ... I agree that she IS an amazing teacher--she is STILL teaching me!