Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thoughts on the 90th Day of Kindergarten ~ Part 1

The 90th Day of Kindergarten is an important milestone. Since there are 180 days in the school year, we are now HALFWAY TO FIRST GRADE!

Here are some 90th Day of School thoughts from the Afternoon Friends:

I'm excited!

We're almost to first grade and all of us are happy. We can eat in the lunch room!

I'm scared.

I think it's going to be pretty fun.

I think all of my friends will be there.

I think everyone will love first grade. I think this will help everybody, if they're afraid - I do this sometimes, I just shake my scares off my body. You just start with your head and keep shaking everything on your whole body. Sometimes when you do it you get a little hungry and sometimes your lips get a little dry from the air.

Everybody in my whole class will be smart. Kindergarten gets you halfway smart, and then first grade gets you all the way smart. In second grade you need all of the smarts you got from Kindergarten and first grade!

I'm going to be happy when I meet new friends!

I can't wait until we eat in the cafeteria!

I'm feeling a little shy, like when I first came to Kindergarten. But now I feel better here so I will probably feel better there too.

We get to buy our lunch!

1 comment:

Jerri said...

That is so exciting to hear all the kids' thoughts on their soon-to-be first grade year! What a thrilling and fun time to reflect on what it will be like in a year from now for them. Fun sharing!