Friday, February 1, 2008

Kids really do say the darndest things...

Well I will just admit it right up front, your poor children have been suffering all year with a VERY sleep-deprived teacher. Annabelle is the most delightful baby in the world (besides all of yours, of course) but up until about two weeks ago she was also the worst sleeper in history. Okay, maybe not, but that's what it felt like to her tired Mommy. For the past nine months, if I got 2 1/2 or 3 hours of sleep altogether I thought it was a great night! Teaching kindergarten is lots of fun and great motivation to drag yourself out of bed in the morning, but you need ENERGY to keep up with a class full of 5 and 6 year olds!

So now that you have the back story, let's get on to the funny part. On a particularly tired day I shared with the afternoon kiddos that I was very sleepy because Annabelle woke me up so many times in the night. Compassionate children that they are, and with memories like a bunch of elephants (they NEVER forget a thing you say - watch out!), they have asked me on and off since then about how Annabelle is sleeping. The news was never very good until a couple of weeks ago when (thank my lucky stars) we finally turned a corner and she started SLEEPING!!!! When the afternoon class overheard me sharing this news with a parent volunteer, M. called out, "Wow, Mrs. Sero, you must really be catching up on your sleep!"

No comments: